Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Msssssssssss Samantha Craine and the Midnight Shivers

We attended Pickathon just outside of Portland last summer and it was one of the best festival experiences I've had to date, save WOMAD first year (nothing comes close to that) Anyway, the festival was amazing and we left with some new favorites tucked neatly into our hearts. Many of the objects of our affection will be back this year and I gotta say, I'm completely overwhelmed with anticipation.

This is the first installment of, "Why you should go to Pickathon or at lease buy the albums of the artists that will be there" blog posts.

enjoy. let me know what you think.

Samantha Craine and the Midnight Shivers
hail from Shawnee, OK and Perryville, MO, which my Okie friend Jason was beyond tickled to find fellow Oklahoman at the festival.

Last year they self released an EP and in just a few weeks their first full length "Songs in the Night" is coming out.

On first listen you may think you have heard this before, as her voice has a quaility that seems to be spilling form many young ladies souls these days, but keep listening. The lyrics have a resonance that says with you and her confident and graceful delivery of the songs is hypnotizing. I also really love the drums, they keep a simple beat but catch my attention just at the right moments. Overall I think the band plays in a comfortable way that expresses their understanding of each other and this in turn puts the listener at ease.

Listen to Traipsing Through The Aisles here

and watch this

No comments: