Monday, September 08, 2008

what to do with all the corn? Sweet Corn Ice Cream of course!

we have a fridge full of corn due to the super funness of picking it straight from the stalk. Now I am wondering if we can eat it all, but I just came across this and man, now I know what to do. I'm hoping I can find a recipe that dosesn't call for an ice cream maker.

Leah from Spicy Salty Sweet (who's blog is lovely and inspiring) also wrote about Cucumber Sorbet! I get excited for cucumber water so the thought of this melting in my mouth sounds heavenly. It reminds me of an amazing tomatoes and basil sorbet hubby and I had a couple years ago at Marjorie. We still talk about it when the topic of best desert moments comes up. If you haven't been to Marjorie it is a little known Seattle Must Do. The atmosphere, food and people are wonderful. You won't be disappointed.

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Two things:

1. I actually had sweet corn ice cream yesterday! Didn't taste very corn-y...I'd like to try yours though!!

2. Did you hear Marjorie is moving?? Sad but true! I will miss the lovely outdoor seating.

tyesha said...

You had corn ice cream? how funny and yummy.

yes, i heard they had to move. more reason to go before they do!

hubby love said...

they are also looking for investors for their next project...i'll invest in dinner, for sure.